The program reviews typical IT applications, enterprise computing and standard IT approaches. It provides context for the business’s critical choices and suggests how IT can enable and deliver that. This includes reviewing common challenges; opportunities, risks, management information, project management, and data quality to determine project success.
Topical issues such as new devices, social media and networking, and the service cloud are currently rapidly growing computing areas and their significance concerning IT strategies and corporate planning. Comprehending the IT landscape brings clarity to the choice of product, project and resources that management needs to make to align IT strategy to business requirements.
- IT Strategy for project management
- Agile project management and Advanced business intelligence
- Using the web and social media for competitive gain and Cloud computing
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Management information and financial systems
- To understand the advantages and risks of corporate and internet computing in achieving financial efficiency and other objectives
- To understand the costs, economics and opportunities provided by the corporate computing systems, the internet, cloud computing, open standards and social media
- To plan how to introduce efficient enterprise computing systems, cloud computing and Software as a Service (SAAS)
- To plan how to apply and manage ERP, CRM and IT projects using agile project management to achieve efficient and reliable and effective performance