In this age of information, data is available everywhere and grows at an exponential rate. This course is based on real-life examples so that delegates can understand the different concepts and methodologies in a simple, practical and enjoyable way. Using various practical activities, delegates will apply the acquired knowledge and practice with data and graphs.
The course will strengthen attendees’ ability to gather, use, understand and interpret data. Using the “numbers for strategic planning and development” participants will be able to know how to improve their decision-making process in public management.
- The importance of data in a decision-making
- Converting concepts into measurable parameters
- Understanding data analysis
- Displaying the results and Report writing
- Understand the principles underlying qualitative data analysis in general
- Define the research problem, starting hypothesis, analysing variables and methods for the hypotheses
- Interpret and develop different types of visualisations, using concrete examples
- Design questionnaires and code them
- Analyse and interpret data using SPSS
- Produce reports based on SPSS output
- Apply techniques to improve academic and report writing
- Perform presentation statistics for policy