This course provides an in-depth review of the current IPSAS accounting and reporting requirements for financial instruments.
- How should financial instruments in the public sector be classified and measured?
- What are the current and likely future requirements for hedge accounting?
- How to understand fair value and financial instruments?
- How to account for and disclose concessionary loans?
- What are the hedge accounting documentation requirements?
- What are the main similarities and differences between IPSAS and IFRS in the area of financial instruments?
- Apply the principles for presenting financial instruments as liabilities or equity
- Comply with the principles for offsetting financial assets and financial liabilities
- Determine how to recognise and measure financial assets and financial liabilities
- Discuss linkages between the IPSAS and IFRS