At the end of the course, candidates will have gained a greater understanding of cost and management accounting principles. It will also enable learners to understand the main principles on which cost and management accounts are produced.
This course will also cover necessary information regarding key techniques, methods and terms used in cost management and accounting.
- Introduction to the course
- Information for management
- Presentation of information
- Cost classifications
- Forecasting using quantitative methods such as high/ low methods, scatter diagrams and regression analysis
- Budgetary planning & control
- Job & batch costing
- Operation & service costing
- Profit mark-up margin calculating
- Understand the role Management Accounting plays in various decision making and information generating activities of the organisation
- Prepare the budgets and other budgetary control statements
- Calculate and analyse variances and their possible causes