One of the prime requisites for oil and gas professionals is to deliver presentations in a precise, concise, and well-designed away as possible. Some industry technical professionals are naturally gifted designers/ speakers/ presenters; others are not.
This course is for individuals who are required, as part of their jobs, to deliver presentations in-house or in public, and who wish to perfect the art and craft of dynamic presentation-making.
To do so, participants will be involved in a full array of hands-on class exercises to improve presentation-making skills, vocal techniques, social interaction skills, visual aid preparation, etc. Attendees will deliver two presentations in class, both of which will be videotaped to measure improvement.
- Design and deliver a presentation both in-person and on-line
- Keep an audience engaged through the use of various delivery methods
- Appropriately use technology and visual aids
- Speak confidently in front of groups
- Communication and the role it plays in presentation-making and Overcoming fears
- The similarities and differences between face-to-face and online presentations
- The four fundamental basics to effective presentation-making presence/ demeanour/ appearance: posture, movement, and physical comfort
- Delivery: the voice, gestures/ facial expressions, skill in using silence, rhythm, and language
- Production: flow/ rhythm, skill in using visual aids/ technology, expertise in using time, skill in listening/ observing/ questioning, skill in using the venue, connectivity, eye contact, knowledge of the audience, and skill in handling audience/ situation
- Construction and organisation: design (presentation), design (PowerPoint slides/ other visuals), and integration (presentation with visuals)